MySite Skyward
Select Your Campus Quicklinks
WatchDog Dad
Parents & Students
Home >
Parents and Students > Special Programs
email page print page small type large type

Special Programs


Title I



  • District Handbook
  • Resources


WHAT IS SECTION 504? Section 504 is a federal anti-discrimination law that protects the rights of individuals with disabilities in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education. 29 USC Section 794, 701 et seq. Recipients of this federal financial assistance include public school districts, institutions of higher education, and other state and local education agencies. It requires a school district to provide a “free and appropriate education,” (FAPE) to each qualified student with a disability who is in the recipient’s jurisdiction, regardless of the nature or severity of the student’s disability. 34 C.F.R. § 104.33(a). Under Section 504, FAPE is providing of regular or special education and related aids and services that are designed to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities as adequately as the needs of individuals without disabilities are met. 34 C.F.R. § 104.33(b)(1)(i).

For more information about Section 504 services, you may contact your child's campus 504 Coordinator. 

Elementary School: Shannon Bourland
Intermediate School: Jackie Cunningham
Middle School: Juliandra Dear
High School: Brent Batch

Gifted and Talented

Texas Transition and Employment Guide

This transition and employment guide is for you, the student in Texas public school, who may
have received special education services due to a disability. It also provides helpful information
for your parents. This guide has steps you and your parents can take to make sure you are
able to find the right work or educational choices for you after high school. It also tells you
where to get the services you will need after high school.
The guide is divided into sections on Self Advocacy, Transition Services, Employment and
Supported Employment, Social Security Programs, Community and Long Term Services and
Supports, Postsecondary Educational Programs and Services, Information Sharing, and
Guardianship and Alternatives. Each section has phone numbers, emails, and websites to help
you find what you need. At the end of each section and at the end of the guide, you will find a
timeline of steps that you and your parents can take as you make the transition from student to
adult. If you have questions about this guide or the information in it, please send us an email at

Texas Transition and Employment Guide (English)

Texas Transition and Employment Guide (Spanish)


  Cindy Travioli
  Director of Curriculum
  Director of Special Programs
  Homeless Liaison

© 2013 Godley independent school district    |    contact us    |    site map

313 N. Pearson   |   godley, tx   |  76044   |   Tel: 817-389-2536  

powered by finalsite