Public Information Requests
As a local governmental entity, Godley ISD is subject to the Texas Public Information Act.
Texas Government Code 552.002(a) defines "public information" as information collected, assembled, or maintained under a law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by a governmental body, or for a governmental body if the government body owns the information or has a right of access to it.
Public information may be requested from Godley ISD. It is important to note that governmental entities are not required to respond to questions via the Texas Public Information Act; however, if available, records that would provide the answers to posed questions will be provided if not excepted from release via statute.
Submit a Public Information Request
- Mail: Godley ISD, Public Information Officer, 313 N. Pearson, Godley, TX 76044
- Electronic Form: Complete the electronic form below.
- In person: Godley ISD, Public Information Officer, 313 N. Pearson, Godley, TX 76044
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to Section 552.275 of the Texas Government Code, please be advised that the District established a reasonable limit, not less than 15 hours for a one-month period or 36 hours in a 12-month period, on the amount of time that personnel are required to spend producing public information for inspection or copies to a requester, without recovering the costs attributable to the personnel time related to that requester. A requester that reaches the time limit will be required to compensate the governmental body for the costs incurred in satisfying subsequent requests.
Godley ISD charges fees authorized by the Texas Public Information Act. If the fees will result in a charge exceeding $40, the district will provide the requestor with a written estimate detailing the charges that will be imposed. The following fees apply to Open Records requests:
- $15.00 per hour labor charge for locating, compiling, reproducing, reviewing, and redacting information (>50 pages)
- $28.50 per hour labor charge for computer programming when needed
- 20% overhead fee added to labor charges
- 10 cents per page for letter-sized paper copies
- 15 cents per page for legal-sized paper copies
- $1.00 per CD
- $3.00 per DVD
Public information requests typically must be fulfilled within ten business days.
In addition to state and federal holidays, Godley ISD will observe the following non-business days during the calendar year:
- 2023: October 11-13, November 20-22, December 21 and 27-29
- 2024: June 24-28, July 1-3, December 23 and 27