Counseling Resources and Social-Emotional Support
- A list of community resources within Johnson County to help with food, clothing, health services, housing, and much more.
- A statewide list of community resources
- Applying for Texas state benefits--SNAP food, Medicaid/Chips/WIC, and TANF
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text
Text “Home” to 741741 to connect with a live, trained Crisis Counselor
- Social Emotional Learning Lessons from School Connect
These free short lessons are designed for adults and students in grades 7-12 and explain how to manage your emotions and relationships. The School Connect curriculum is currently used at our LINKS campus. EQ stands for emotional quotient.
- Kindness Activities from Random Acts of Kindness
- Ideas & Activities for Families during the COVID-19 Pandemic from Kids for Peace
- Elementary level Self-regulation lesson
- Parenting videos to help manage anxiety from Gozen
The Character Tree Character Lessons for Elementary Children