Prior to the start of the 2020-2021 school year, Godley ISD made the decision to move to a balanced school calendar. While this decision was made in the best interest of our students, we do understand that after completing the calendar in full and listening to our community in depth, there was an opportunity for adjustments. After meeting with staff across all of our campuses, parents, and community members, we were able to garner feedback that included both pros and cons surrounding the current schedule. All of this feedback and data was then viewed in depth by District administration in order to find the best solution possible moving forward.
Godley ISD will be implementing the following important changes to the 2021-2022 school calendar:
- The second week of the March intersession has been removed.
- March 21, 2022, is a student holiday.
- March 22-25 are now instructional days.
- The school year will now end on May 26, 2022.
- Graduation will now be held on May 26, 2022.