With the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Godley ISD would like to inform our parents and community of helpful resources and information and make you aware of the measures we are taking to combat the potential spread of viruses. We are keeping track of this situation with the help of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are prepared to address any potential impact to the district and our schools, should it become necessary.
While we are still learning about this newly-emerged virus, based on the current information we have, health officials are recommending local communities and schools should take the same steps to protect against coronavirus as we take to prevent the spread of other diseases, like colds or the flu. Our teachers, school nurses and staff are working carefully to encourage the simple and effective habits of frequent hand-washing, covering every cough or sneeze and cleaning classroom tables/surfaces frequently. We also encourage our parents and guardians to reinforce this message at home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Attendance is very important, however, if your child is exhibiting symptoms described in the CDC link, follow the advice in the links provided and consult your regular source of medical care. If you have any questions concerning this information or other health issues, you may contact your campus nurse. As always, please contact your child’s campus regarding any absences.
Please help us protect our students, staff, and the whole community by using these simple methods of preventing the spread of all diseases. Our staff will also be encouraging the use of these methods at school.
Helpful links about the coronavirus from local, state, national and international health organizations:
- Click here to view FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Click here to view Guidance on Stopping Spread of Respiratory Illnesses from the CDC.
- Click here to visit the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Click here to view more information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Click here to visit the World Health Organization.
Thank you for working with us to keep our district, students, and staff healthy and safe.